[Tilecache] Re: Tilecache and QGIS status bar messagge

Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 14:04:42 EST 2012

On Feb 24, 2012, at 12:41 PM, aborruso wrote:

> Hi Puneet,
> thank you.
>

> Puneet Kishor wrote
>>
>> On Feb 24, 2012, at 11:11 AM, aborruso wrote:
>>
>> 0 tiles request in background: nothing is being requested
>> 0 cache hits: nothing was found in the cache
>> 13 cache misses: 13 tiles were requested but not found in the cache, so
>> they were requested from the server
>> 0 errors: no snafu
>>
>> Try reloading the exact same view and check the messages again.
>>

> Please look at this video:
> http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/watch/clnZFQz6I
>
> I make some pan and zoom and generate the relative tiles. Then starting from
> 00:40 time my map requests are always in the same area, and it's no more
> necessary to produce tiles, and the number of tiles does not change any
> more. This is right, but in QGIS status bar I have "... cache misses".
>
> Is it normal?

Sorry, I am not knowledgable about this enough to comment either way. Plus, I don't know how and to what is your QGIS connecting in order to get the tiles. However, when I connect my QGIS to my tilecache service, and then I watch the MapServer logs (I am using MapServer), I can tell very clearly when MapServer is generating new tiles and when it is not doing anything yet the tiles are being served from the cache.

--
Puneet Kishor