[Tilecache] TileCache tile storage questions

Pedro Mendes p.m.g.mendes at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 05:12:14 EST 2012

> I read tilesize doc v2.1. In the doc, it says tilecache support mbtiles
> and amazon cloud storage.

You're right. Sorry, my bad. A cache persistent in MBTiles will not scale
as well as other options. Theoretically, a sqlite db could be
terabyte-sized (http://www.sqlite.org/features.html) but keep in mind that
the access to the tiles would degraded just after a few gigabytes. I don't
know if TileCache follows the same strategy as MapProxy regarding tiles
with the same RGB (i.e. lake areas) as it reuses tiles permitting huge disk
space savings.