[Tilecache] Can TileCache store tiles remotely

Brian Case rush at winkey.org
Fri Jan 9 12:12:02 PST 2015

David,

many tilecache instances could read and write from a ahared mount at the
same time. note you may want fiberchannel for this or very fast net
(40gbit). tilecache makes a lock before it tries to create a tile
(mkdir), this will prevent other threads or instances from writing to
the same file.

https://github.com/OSGeo/tilecache/blob/1ed36b439253d4c23612824928e522f5f45fd2d1/tilecache/TileCache/Caches/Disk.py#L147

you could also set up many instances of tilecache with memcache or redis
and point them to your existing cache

if you do choose to go with many instances of tilecache you may wish to
use the postgres config, or the memcache config with postgress behind
it.

also check out the expired config option, you can cache dynamic data by
just changing a date in the config whenever the data changes , the disk
and redis caches support this.

brian