[Tiling] Re: inodes

Paul Spencer pagameba at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 08:26:56 EST 2011

I'm curious how you work with S3 and tiles - do you serve tiles directly out of S3 to the browser or go through a server that gets the tile from S3 using s3fs or something like that?  How do you handle missing tiles or do you complete tile everything into S3?  What do you think of the performance versus storing tiles on EBS volumes?

We are also using EC2 and have resorted to using glusterfs to build distributed volumes to combine EBS volumes and provide shared volumes that exceed 1TB because we found using S3 too slow for read/write I/O when dynamically generating tiles.

Cheers

Paul