[TOSprint] FOSS4G/NA & GeoTrellis

David Zwarg dzwarg+osgeo at azavea.com
Thu Apr 5 12:45:49 EDT 2012

Hi devs,

I want to give my many thanks to mpg and the CUGOS crew for helping with
the last code sprint, and I'm excited to see you all in Boston next year!
I won't be able to make it to FOSS4G NA, so I'll have to wait to see your
smiling faces until then.

Also, heads up: GeoTrellis, the project that I shared at the last code
sprint, is rolling out next week. The code is GPL3, and is available on
github now -- feel free to nose around it here:
https://github.com/azavea/geotrellis. There's also an ARG driver for GDAL:
thanks to Frank, Howard and Even for their feedback and critical eyes.

My colleagues Josh Marcus, Tamara Manik-Perlman, and Robert Cheetham will
be at FOSS4G NA, so if you are curious about it, I encourage you to find
them and bug them about it. Josh is the architect, Tamara knows it inside
and out, and the whole shebang is Robert's brainchild.

Hope FOSS4G NA is a blast, and I'm sorry that I'm missing it!

-David