[TOSprint] Finance handling for Daytona Sprint

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Dec 19 17:43:13 PST 2016

Hello Sprinters,

Here is a quick update to let you know that Steve Lehr, Mike Smith and I
have started working out the finance details for the Daytona sprint.

Here is an overview of our plan so far. Feedback welcome, and if we
don't hear any objection then we will continue to move forward in that
direction.

1- We started drafting a budget in the wiki. Most numbers are still just
placeholders, we will hopefully complete it with real numbers based on
the plans and feedback received in the coming days:

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Daytona_Beach_Code_Sprint_2017_:_Budget

2- We propose to handle the finances as follows:
   - All sponsors would be invoiced by OSGeo and payments go to OSGeo
(thanks to Mike for accepting to handle this, we will get board approval
before proceeding)
   - SteveL would handle the expenses on his credit card and get
reimbursed with his receipts after the sprint
   - Any surplus, if any, would be held by OSGeo for future editions of
the sprint
   - We would not plan to touch the Euro surplus this year unless we
need it to balance the books (we'll save it for next year's European sprint)

3- We'd like to apply to OSGeo board for some funds. Amount remains TBD
but we'd at least ask OSGeo for backstop funding.

I think that's it for now.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette