[TOSprint] Code Sprint Paris - D-17

Olivier Courtin olivier.courtin at oslandia.com
Fri Feb 5 11:03:02 PST 2016

Hi Alls,

A) Sponsors

CartoDB is now sponsoring the Code Sprint, as a Gold Sponsor !
Many thanks to them !

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Paris_Code_Sprint_2016#Gold_Sponsors

B) Taste and Color of this Sprint

Each Code Sprint has his own taste, given by all the attendees and projects gathered…

From the participants list:   https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Paris_Code_Sprint_2016#Participants
we already can say, that this TOSPrint should be a bit specific, because:

- About third of attendees declared to be involve in projects using multidimensional data: PointCloud or 3D
  (as PDAL, Potree, LASzip, PGPointCloud, SFCGAL…)

- Spatial databases guys are more widely represented than previous editions (except maybe in Boston one)
  With not only a PostGIS team, and closed friends as PGPointCloud and SFCGAL,
  but also devs involved in PostgreSQL itself !

- Quite a few participants are not that used to (OSGeo) Code Sprint.
  For severals it will be the first one.
  What a chance to welcome new energies, and new projects !

- Not a surprise, this sprint is European centered, somehow like in the Vienna edition.
  (~80% European and ~20% North American)

It’s my own point of view, don’t hesitate to put your own words...

C) Agenda

I’ve seen that OTB team made an agenda too…
http://wiki.orfeo-toolbox.org/index.php/OSGeo_Paris_Code_Sprint_2016

Don’t hesitate to make your own, and/or to complete thoses who already exists...
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Paris_Code_Sprint_2016#Project_Plans

D) Code Sprint Logo

Designed and given, by gifted Sylvain Beorchia.

Cheers,

O.