[TOSprint] Paris Code Sprint - D-12

Oliver Courtin olivier.courtin at oslandia.com
Thu Feb 11 07:11:06 PST 2016

Hi Alls,

A) Sponsors:

  IGN is now a gold Sponsor, and Dalibo a bronze one.
  Many thanks to them to sponsoring this sprint !
  https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Paris_Code_Sprint_2016#Gold_Sponsors

  Sponsors are still welcome…
  We are quite close to equilibrate the budget without using OSGeo funds, but not yet reached this point…

B) Welcoming Event of Monday Evening

 In a warm place in top of Montmartre (yeah you will have to climb to join !)
 https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Paris_Code_Sprint_2016#Feb_22_aka_Welcoming_Event

 Thanks to thoses who wanna come to say so:
 http://doodle.com/poll/twk5yyt38h869i3i

C) Agenda

 If MapServer team, and PointCloud community, wish to initiate an agenda too, it will be welcomed...
 No obligation to do, neither to follow the agenda thereafter… ^^

 https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Paris_Code_Sprint_2016#Project_Plans

D) Community Event @MozillaParis

24/02 Evening will be a community evening, at Mozilla Paris place.

Several pitches to quickly present what we do, on each main projects.
Followed by beers, buffet, and talks.

We target to welcome about 50 OpenGIS and related aficionados.
If you know ones who could be interested in, register page is there:

https://www.eventbrite.fr/e/billets-rencontres-avec-les-devs-du-code-sprint-osgeo-mozillaparis-21521364982

E) I need a brake

If you need it, if you want it, some ideas to help you to choose one, quite near the sprint place, at day time…
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Paris_Code_Sprint_2016#Day_break_ideas

F) I want to ride a bicycle:

 Thanks to Mike, to provide valuable information about public transportation, in order to complete:
 Paris public bike sharing is called Velib:  http://en.velib.paris.fr/

 Cheap, easy to use, lot of bikes available in many places,
 *but* riding in the middle of car traffic could be that unsafe, dedicated cycle roads should be preferred…
 http://www.freewheelingfrance.com/where-to-go/paris-bike-routes.html

 Sunday early in morning by bike is also something…

G)enders

 We cannot say again that this Sprint will be XY only, Regina just subscribed, thanks to her !
 :)

O.