[TOSprint] Proposal for Code Sprint in Daytona Beach (please vote on dates)

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Nov 4 12:34:36 PDT 2016

Hello, Sprinters,

Following our recent discussions about possible venues for the 2017 Code
Sprint, we've had some exchanges off-list with Steve Lehr to confirm the
feasibility of the sprint in Daytona Beach since that was the option
that seemed to trigger the most interest. (I'm writing this on behalf of
Steve Lehr)

Well, we have some great news today! Steve has got confirmation from
Daytona State College for a large room with great WIFI access ... The
college is 5 minutes from DAB Airport, and walking distance to hotels
and food, etc:

There are two dates to consider: Feb 7-11 or Feb 28-March 4 to avoid
conflicts with the Daytona 500 Feb 26th, and Bike Week March 10-19.

Oh, in return for the use of the space the college would appreciate if
we could organize a ~2 hours session for students and personnel on OSGeo
technologies. With the quality of the people and projects attending the
sprint, I'm sure filling a two hour session would not be a problem at
all, right?

The next step would be to confirm this plan and decide on the dates.
Let's use a Doodle open for about a week for that, and if we have enough
confirmations of interest via the Doodle survey then Steve can go ahead
and confirm the reservation, etc.

If you are interested in participating, then please go ahead and vote here:
http://doodle.com/poll/vyyew4ibbwcdp6ka

And BTW, there is a draft wiki page with a few more details here. Feel
free to add to it as you wish:

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Daytona_Beach_Code_Sprint_2017

Thanks a lot to Steve for his hard work on this so far!

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/

http://evouala.com/ - Location Intelligence Made Easy