[TOSprint] Professional Headshots as Sprint Swag?

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Mon Jan 14 07:33:38 PST 2019

All,

While doing some of the fundraising for the Minneapolis sprint [1] it occurred to me that I have enough t-shirts, cloth bags, and sporks [2]. I'm writing to ask the attendee pool to see if there is support for professional headshots as conference swag.

A good, clear, large format headshot is a useful thing. It can be uploaded along with conference talk submissions, and it can be pasted next to your name on your company website. It can burnish your social media profiles, and you can use it to enhance your LinkedIn algorithm scores :)

Many of the attendees of the code sprints work in very small companies or in no companies at all. A current headshot might be something they might otherwise not spend funds to acquire. Professional photography for an event could be obtained for a bit of a bulk discount, but if there is not much enthusiasm, I don't want to purse the topic.

As a potential attendee, does this "swag" interest you?

Howard

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Community_Sprint_2019 <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Community_Sprint_2019>
[2] https://twitter.com/entwineio/status/893854247271505921 <https://twitter.com/entwineio/status/893854247271505921>