[Ubuntu] SAGA on ubuntugis proposal

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 12:11:48 EST 2009

> Hi Giovanni! I hope you enjoyed your trip in our region :)

Absolutely! That's curious, just yetsterday my wife was saying how
much she would like to come again to Canada... We're fallen in love
with Gaspesie :)

> I think it would be a very nice addition to get SAGA into DebianGIS and
> UbuntuGIS. Your software doesn't need to be under the OSGeo umbrella at all.
> The only think you need is a debian maintainer to prepare/update the package.
> Do you have a debian package maintainer into your organization?

I don't know if the two ppa owners would be interested to do that for
ubuntugis. Anyway, I would like to learn it, as it would be useful for
many reasons.
Probably it will take some time to learn, but if anybody will be
disposable I will try by myself...

giovanni