[Ubuntu] Hello and question

Alan Boudreault aboudreault at mapgears.com
Wed Jun 3 16:03:30 EDT 2009

Hi Bill,

Here's the procedure that you have to do to build mrsid plugin:

1- apt-get update (just to be sure that you get the lastest UbuntuGIS packages
list)

2- apt-get install gdal-mrsid-src

3- apt-get install gdal-bin (we'll use the utility gdalinfo to check if the
plugin is properly installed)

4- Run gdalinfo: gdalinfo --formats | grep -i mrsid  (at this point... you
should not see any output because the plugin is not installed)

5- Download and extract the Lizard GeoSDK.

6- Build and install the plugin: gdal-mrsid-build
/usr/local/Geo_DSDK-7.0.0.2167 (this is an example path... you can use any
path you want.. just pass it to gdal-mrsid-build in argument)

7- Re-Run gdalinfo: gdalinfo --formats | grep -i mrsid  (now, you should see
the MrSID plugin entry)

Let me know if all is ok.

Regards,
Alan