[Ubuntu] ubuntugis PPA not there?

Alan Boudreault aboudreault at mapgears.com
Sun Nov 1 08:33:41 EST 2009

Hi Ricardo,

The packages for Karmic are not yet in the stable PPA yet. You'll have
to use the unstable ppa for the moment:
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugis/+archive/ubuntugis-unstable

Please report any installation problem if there is. I copied the
packages from jaunty to karmic last week... modified a few to get them
installable, but haven't get time yet to test all packages. It is
possible that some others packages need to be fixed.

Thanks,
Alan

Ricardo Garcia Silva wrote:
> Hi list
> I just installed Ubuntu 9.10. I did a clean install. I wanted to add the
> ubuntugis-stable PPA to my repositories but it seems there is some
> error. whenever I try reloading my packages lists in Synaptic I get the
> error:
>
> Failed to fetch
> http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntugis/ppa/ubuntu/dists/karmic/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz  404  Not Found
> Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones
> used instead.
>
> I added the PPA with the new methodology of just inserting
> ppa:ubuntugis/ppa in my software sources, as described at the PPA's
> website.
>
> Thanks for your help

Alan Boudreault
Mapgears