[Ubuntu] Updating a package (How to?)

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 04:02:29 EST 2010

It seems you are trying to take too many steps at once.

First make sure the package builds (binary) on your own computer
before even considering using launchpad. In your case, the source
package will not build because changes have to be made to the
packaging script to support the new version (on any release).
If all works well, consider using pbuilder (
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PbuilderHowto#Multiple%20pbuilders ) to try
building for other releases.

I suggest first having a look at the files under debian/patches and
update these to the new version. Removing all the autogenerated code
(autotools) from these patches looks like a good start.

Johan