[Ubuntu] Proposal - Cleaning up dependencies/repos

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 15:20:27 EST 2010

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 9:34 AM, Johan Van de Wauw
<johan.vandewauw at gmail.com> wrote:

> My proposal for 'stable' would be: the version which is in the current
> debian testing repository (in times of debian freeze perhaps packages
> which are +10 days in debian unstable can be considered as well). The
> 'stable' repository should get some long time support, and I guess
> that this is the best way to provide that.

After reading this thread more in detail I should add that in this
case I think diverging from debian testing is perhaps the best thing
to do. A pity that a beta version of spatialite (I don't think that RC
is an appropriate name here) got in debian testing in the first place.

It is useful to check the bug reports on spatialite prior to uploading
a new version - maybe the mentioned issue with 2.3.0 can be fixed in
the 2.3.1 package as well.

Johan