[Ubuntu] Fw: is there a Postgis 1.5.2 package for lucid to support Postgres v9.0

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 2 00:50:56 EDT 2010

Hi Brent,

> I'm looking to deploy a VM running Postgres 9.0 with
> Postgis, which means v1.5.2.
>
> While I have compiled a copy & have it running OK, I'd
> like to deploy it so the users can maintain it via the
> package mgr, which obviously knows nothing about the locally
> complied version on the system.
>
> So I'm wondering if anyone is preparing a pre-built
> package?

fyi & fwiw,
  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.pkg.general/3449

ingredients to build one yourself (eg with `debuild`) can be found here:
  http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/pkg-grass/packages/postgis/trunk/debian/

although some tweaking is probably required. Edit the debian/changelog
to make your build version 1.5.2-0, so when the official x.y.z-1 version
comes out they'll automatically get upgraded.

regards,
Hamish