[Ubuntu] Re: problem building GRASS add-ons

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 30 17:30:59 EDT 2010

Taylor wrote:
> I tried make
> MODULE_TOPDIR=/usr/lib/grass64
> ARCH_DISTDIR=/usr/lib/grass64, and this is what I got...
>
> gcc -I/usr/lib/grass64/include  -Wall -g -O
> ogr_api.h: No such file or directory

you need the libgdal1-dev package installed.
( see `apt-file search ogr_api.h` )

the grass-dev package should be depending on that I guess.
right now it only depends on libproj-dev:
  http://packages.debian.org/sid/grass-dev

Hamish

ps- I've made some experimental improvements to g.extension in
grass 6.5svn yesterday, and altered the 'make install' target
to try and set the install dir automatically so you can avoid
the MODULE_TOPDIR=/usr/lib/grass64 stuff in future. we'll get
there..