[Ubuntu] ECW CRS definition [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Pinner, Luke Luke.Pinner at environment.gov.au
Mon Jul 4 19:11:49 EDT 2011

No, your command does _not_ specify ecw output. It is generating geotiff
output with a '.ecw' file extension. You need to use the "-of <format>"
argument. gdal_translate does not use file extensions to determine
output file type, so if you do not use "-of", gdal_translate will
generate a file in the _default_ format, which is geotiff.

Geotiff output:
gdal_translate -a_srs EPSG:3078 in.ecw out.ecw
ECW Output:
gdal_translate -of ECW -a_srs EPSG:3078 in.ecw out.ecw

Luke