[Ubuntu] Re: help creating a build recipie for GRASS 70

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 05:46:14 EST 2011

A few comments:
first of all: disable the automatic building as long as it does not work.
It's a waste of resources to continue trying it until you have fixed the
issues, which is something you can test locally.

The error occurs at:

/usr/bin/make real-install
make[2]: Entering directory `/build/buildd/grass-7.0.0+0ubuntu2+23027~maverick1'
mkdir -p -m 755
/build/buildd/grass-7.0.0+0ubuntu2+23027~maverick1/debian/tmp/usr/lib/grass70

mkdir -p -m 755 /usr/lib/bin
mkdir: cannot create directory `/usr/lib/bin': Permission denied
make[2]: *** [/usr/lib/bin] Error 1

So you can look down in the makefiles where 'real-install' is defined.
that is at line 94:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~grass/grass/grass_trunk/view/head:/include/Make/Install.make

real-install: | $(INST_DIR) $(UNIX_BIN)

The first one, inst_dir seems to be ok, the second one: unix_bin is not.
So try setting that one somewhere in your debian/rules file, like it is
currently set for BINDIR

Johan