[Ubuntu] Introduction

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 16:14:50 EDT 2012

Hello Martijn,
I suggest that you will likely also wish to join the OSGeo-Live email list.
http://live.osgeo.org
http://live.osgeo.org/en/contact.html

This is where we have been spending a lot of time packaging geospatial
applications for Ubuntu/Xubuntu.

And yes, there is plenty to do. There are many applications that we have
install scripts for, but still need to be moved over to use ubuntu
packaging. (for one).

On 05/04/12 00:50, Martijn van Exel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I subscribed to this list mainly to monitor progress of this valuable
> initiative. Thank you all for your efforts on maintaining these
> packages. I don't know if there's anything I can do to contribute, but
> I'm happy to help test - I have one  Ubuntu 10.04 server on which I
> run mainly postgis,ogr/gdal, qgis, and a notebook running 12.04 (since
> yesterday).
>
> Installing 12.04 (in a vbox) bumped me back to qgis 1.4.0 which
> crashed immediately with a segfault, by the way. Is qgis
> straightforward to compile from source?
>
> --
> martijn van exel
> geospatial omnivore