[Ubuntu] GDAL compilation

Marc Coevoet sintsixtus at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 15:54:25 EST 2012

Op 05-01-12 21:23, Alassane Toure schreef:
> Dear group,
> I am a first time user of GDAL in Linux (Ubuntu) with a C compiler
> (gcc). I compiled a program (gdal.h being called) using the following
> command line:

Why is the package from synaptic not enough?  You want to compile
plugins like ecw?

In think you should compile the whole package with

configure
make

but this could help too:
build from source for ubuntu/debian/other with

apt-get -b source libdvdcss
instead of just trying to install other folks binaries!

if the source won't build, try:
apt-get -b build-dep libdvdcss
apt-get -b source libdvdcss

replace the "libdvdcss" with whatever package you want to build.

Marc
http://shortwave.tk
700+ Radio Stations on SW http://swstations.tk
300+ languages on SW http://radiolanguages.tk