[Ubuntu] Package Updating - Need Help

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri May 4 17:28:24 EDT 2012

So I got stuck -
GDAL requires freexl, and I can't seem to get debuild or
dpkg-buildpackge to work.

Log is attached.

I followed the same procedure as GDAL which I have succesfully pushed to
launchpad. But it won't build on launchpad because it's waiting for
freexl. It did work in my ppa initially because I used launchpad to copy
oneiric1 packages over, but those have the wrong package names.

Any ideas?

I'm getting a similar error on QGIS too, though I realize I need to
finish getting freexl, gdal, and possibly GRASS done 1st.

Thanks,
Alex

On 05/02/2012 04:46 PM, Alex Mandel wrote:
> The dependency order is the tricky one for sure. I've started trying to
> map that https://trac.osgeo.org/ubuntugis/wiki/BuildOrder
>
> New volunteers, here's a draft of steps to upgrade and existing package
> from oneiric to precise. If you want to give it a try, push to your own
> ppa, and after verifying it all works (and you can install the package
> from there) email the list and we can copy it over to the main repos.
> https://trac.osgeo.org/ubuntugis/wiki/PackageUpdates
>
> Edits, suggestions, corrections welcome...
>
> Right now I'm uploading gdal 1.9 for precise. After I test it will get
> pushed to unstable.
>
> I'm still working to figure out what else needs to be rebuilt for
> precise in order to get QGIS 1.7.4 in both stable and unstable.
>
> As and FYI proj 4.8, geos 3.3.x, postgis 2, qgis 1.8 will all be heading
> for ubuntugis-testing repo as they get packaged. That way we don't have
> to wait on any of those to get precise packages cloned now.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex
>
> On 04/23/2012 05:10 AM, Alan Boudreault wrote:
>> Hi Alex,
>>
>> I would be glad to see a list of what need to be upgraded for precise
>> (that means for all other release). Also, if some packages doesn't need
>> upgrade, you could probably do the upload for precise. (Note that we
>> have to respect the dependencies order)
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Alan
>>
>> On 12-04-18 04:09 PM, Alex Mandel wrote:
>>> So I wanted to help get all the packages lined up for the Precise
>>> Pangolin release and was wondering if we have a simple checklist to
>>> follow for doing such things (eg. download file, change text in version,
>>> do a debuild and then a dput?). I'm talking about existing packages that
>>> are already working, though I assume some packages need dep changes (eg.
>>> geos).
>>>
>>> As a first step I attempted to copy packages from unstable to my
>>> personal ppa last night. Some of which worked, but clearly isn't right
>>> as the names say oneiric in them.
>>> https://launchpad.net/~wildintellect/+archive/wildintellect
>>>
>>> 2nd topic is that I'd like to help clean up and straighten out the
>>> packages we've got. For example, move Postgis 1.5 to stable and get
>>> Postgis 2.0 into unstable, GDAL 1.8 to stable, GDAL 1.9 to unstable,
>>> etc...
>>>
>>> I'm hoping that by learning to do the simple stuff and creating a
>>> checklist.
>>> 1. I can train more people to help do the mundane stuff