[Ubuntu] postgis and mapserver versions in ubuntugis

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sun Nov 4 09:41:15 PST 2012

On 11/03/2012 05:31 PM, Vince Miller wrote:
> I just installed Postgis and Mapserver from the ubuntugis-stable PPA which, at:
>
> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugis/+archive/ppa/+index?field.series_filter=precise
>
> says it contains PostGIS 2.0.2-2 and Mapserver 6.0.3-2. But the repository acquired actually seems to contain only PostGIS 1.5.3-2 and Mapserver 6.0.1. I think I can live with the Mapserver version, but I want the raster and topology stuff in PostGIS 2.0.x. Do I have to look in the unstable version, compile from source, or what?
>
> Thanks for your help.

Yes that's right, in the Debian world "unstable" means
latest/cutting/bleeding edge versions. I'm not sure why you saw the
versions you did. Are you using Precise 12.04?

Not sure how you got the list you got though, last time I looked this
week stable for precise has no postgis version (because ubuntu itself
has 1.5)... Ah looks like those were very recent additions.

try apt-get update and see if the new version show up in your available
packages.

Thanks,
Alex