[Ubuntu] New PostGIS update

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 11:09:51 PDT 2013

On 07/06/2013 08:35 PM, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
> Hi Angelos,
>
> On Sat, 06. Jul 2013 at 20:18:12 +0300, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
>> What I propose:
>> 1. All the well tested deb files (used in previous OSGeoLive version)
>> should be moved to Stable.
>> 2. All new packaging should happen in Testing.
>> 3. Move from Testing to Unstable should happen only if there is at least
>> a working version of the package in Stable. So if something is not
>> working as expected (like in the postgis case, the previous builds gets
>> restored within minutes)
>> Thoughts?
> Shouldn't that be unstable => testing => stable?
>

> Jürgen

Hi Jurgen,

Browsing through the packages of the testing ppa:
mapserver rc and beta packages, ossim svn snapshots, mapcache git master
builds etc

So I believe that Unstable is more stable ppa than Testing.
In case it was not meant to be that way, we should introduce a new devel
ppa...

Angelos

--
Angelos Tzotsos