[Ubuntu] Fwd: Re: Ubuntu: QGIS 1.9 & GRASS plugin

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 9 14:03:42 PDT 2013

Tim wrote:

> * Where can I install a package of QGIS with GRASS plugin that go well
> together?
> * What is to be done to improve the situation?

grass 6.4.3rc4 will be released "really soon now", at which point
the latest packages will be rebuilt against each other, hopefully
helping the situation.

>> "Incompatible library version for module. You need to rebuild GRASS or
>> untangle multiple installations."

GRASS issues this warning if the module being run was compiled
against a different version of the GRASS libgis C API than the one
found in the found-libgis. (note that has been stable for ~16 months
currently) Perhaps the qgis-plugin-grass package needs a rebuild
against the latest grass package?

please post versions of all the relevant packages. try not to mix
multiple ppas. any personal addon C modules will need to be recompiled
after an upgrade (just rerun g.extension).

regards,
Hamish