[Ubuntu] grass-addons repository

Rashad M mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 10:42:25 PDT 2013

Hi Tim,

I dont know in detail about recipe but created one looking at your grass
daily built recipes. Current packages are built using LP recipe [1].

Well, I hadn't tested these addons and I have two excuses :)
1. I was on travel for two days and has no access to my development
environment.
2. I had tested these earlier when I pushed them to ubuntugis. That time
the packages are build and tested using debuild and uploaded the source on
launchpad and launchpad built it again. The resulting packages were tested
on two other ubuntu machines and no problem was found. I know it needs to
be tested again and I also notified grass-user list about it and none
reported any issue (may be not tested). I will test it soon this sunday
along with ossim, grass70 and qgis (some bugs exisits)

 [1] https://code.launchpad.net/~rashadkm/+recipe/grass-addons-build

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 4:29 AM, Tim Michelsen
<timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de>wrote:

> > I had added grass-addons repository on launchpad[1].
> >
> > Do you think its good to add addons to existing PPA?
> >
> > grass6-addons -> GRASS GIS Stable PPA
> > grass7-addons -> GRASS GIS Unstable PPA
> I think for the meantime it's OK.
>
> After we are through with testing, we'd probably want to put a clear
> description on the status in the package control file and on the PPA
> decription.
>
> Did you test the addons?
> Do they work well?
>
> > Any +1's for daily builds?
> How are you doing your daily builds?
> If you set up a recipe, it would always be in sync (=work together) with
> the GRASS build created by LP.
>
> To my optinion the best solution.
>
> Do you know how to set up a recipe?

Regards,