[Ubuntu] Geotools and new packages on UbuntuGIS

Jerome Villeneuve Larouche jlarouche at mapgears.com
Wed Jul 24 07:28:35 PDT 2013

Hello,

I've started looking at adding Geotools to UbuntuGIS and I'm a bit lost
right now. From what I understand and tried, every Maven dependency
Geotools has must be available as a Debian Package, and well many of
them seems to be missing. Some of them can't even be packaged, I think,
because of their license, like JAI. If anyone has any experience
packaging Java I would appreciate any tips you have :).

I'm still looking for new software to package and add on UbuntuGIS, so
if you feel something is missing, this is the time.