[Ubuntu] [SoC] UbuntuGIS Weekly Report 6

Jerome Villeneuve Larouche jlarouche at mapgears.com
Fri Jul 26 11:53:48 PDT 2013

Hello this is the weekly report for week 6.

What did I do this week?
     At the end of last week I started looking for new packages to add
to UbuntuGIS. I decided to start with Geotools since it's a pretty big
and important libs for all other Java apps. Unfortunatly, it's pretty
hard to make a package from it because of licence and the way Java
package are built. I also looked a Osmosis, another java app, I can make
a .deb out of it, but I get some java exception even when built manually
so I'm still looking into it. Today I also started looking into Marble
to create a package using only QT instead of the big KDE libs. I also
fixed a small bug in libgdal-ecw-src package in Lucid, Precise and Quantal.

What do you plan to do next week?
     I'll try to finish the Marble package and then look a bit more into
Osmosis and some other small packages, like imposm. There's also a bug
in libgdal-ecw-src and the gdal-python binding that I'll have to look into.

What have you blocked on?
     Like I said before, there is a lot of problem with packaging
Geotools and the Osmosis java exception.