[Ubuntu] [SoC] UbuntuGIS Weekly Report 6

Jerome Villeneuve Larouche jlarouche at mapgears.com
Mon Jul 29 06:26:57 PDT 2013

Hi Andreas,

For Osmosis I'm trying to package the new released version 0.43.1 which
doesn't build the same way as 0.40. They use gradle now. I can get it to
compile but when I try it, it throws ClassNotFound exceptions, same
thing happen when I build it myself without using debuild.

The ticket in lilbgdal-ecw-src is here:
http://trac.osgeo.org/ubuntugis/ticket/34.

For Marble, contacting the maintainers might be a good idea since it
seems that compiling without KDE removes a lot from Marble, I'll have to
see with OSGeoLive too if it still works for them.

The blockage with Geotools is that it requires Java Artifacts that are
not available in a .deb. The most important one is JAI which can't be
packaged from what I understand because of its license. Someone told me
that it may be possible to disable JAI in GeoTools so I'll have to look
into it.