[Ubuntu] [GRASS-user] Installing grass70, not in ubuntugis-testing repository

Rashad M mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 18:30:03 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I used to keep update grass70 on ubuntugis-testing PPA frequently(not daily
basis always) but it was getting deleted all the time and I couldn't find
any reason. But GRASS GIS PPA has daily build for grass70 and its automated
and was working when I last checked.

As I don't find any reason why grass70 was getting removed from
ubuntugis-testing I am longer adding it there. Have a look at here -
https://launchpad.net/~grass/+archive/grass-devel

I would be happy to add it again to ubuntgis If get to know the what went
wrong when adding it earlier

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 11:09 PM, Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com>wrote:

> On 07/31/2013 09:33 AM, Michel Wortmann wrote:
> > Hi there,
> > does anyone know why grass70 is not in the
> > ppa:ubuntugis/ubuntugis-testing repository. I.e. this fails under Ubuntu
> > 12.04LTS:
> >
> > sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntugis/ubuntugis-testing
> > sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get install grass70
> > Reading package lists... Done
> > Building dependency tree
> > Reading state information... Done
> > E: Unable to locate package grass70
> >
> > Regards,
> > Michel
> >

> Ya, I don't see it there right now. That is the place Rashad said was
> going to have them. So we should probably ask on the ubuntugis list
> about the status of the GRASS 7.0 package.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

Regards,
   Rashad