[Ubuntu] Google Summer of Code, working for you

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Jun 27 06:34:24 PDT 2013

Hi,

I became aware about this thread thanks to Hamish posting on debian-gis
mailing list.  I tried to subscribe this mailing list at
  http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu
but did not got any response - hope my subscription worked (so please
CC me in case not).

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 02:10:58AM -0700, Hamish wrote:

> I believe the UbuntuGIS mailing list should be the primary
> place for discussions about the project itself. It involves
> us, and there's a good chance that one of $your packages will
> be altered, so I hope interested parties will be available to
> give Jérôme a hand when he needs it and provide some guidance
> about what we want pushed upstream to us and what our DebianGIS-
> stack plans are. (no point in duplicated effort or lots of work
> put into an area which we've taken a strategic decision to bypass)

I've done something to update mkgmap (http://bugs.debian.org/580170)
which is definitely not my package but nobody seems to care any more.
The new predepends I packaged for this (libfastutil-java) is hanging in
new&byhand[1] since one week and there is another (way harder to
package) new dependency.  It would be great if some gifted Java
developer could take over.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

[1] https://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html