[Ubuntu] UbuntuGIS PSC Creation

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 05:51:52 PST 2013

Rather than taking decision, I think the PSC should make sure that
decisions are made.
Whatever we call them, I think the ideal PSC could learn a lot from
the osgeo live project. I think Cameron has done/is doing an excellent
job at managing that project, which in fact is quite similar to
ubuntugis but (arguably) bigger.
Just to give an example, he sends out private mails to package
maintainers before deadlines, which were community set earlier.This is
useful for people who are not actively tracking the mailing list.

I think we could do with similar deadlines as well. Eg 2 weeks before
a new ubuntu release packages should go into this or that archive.

Johan