[Ubuntu] UbuntuGIS PSC Creation

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Thu Nov 14 14:20:07 PST 2013

and here I go jumping in.....

So being a "non developer" but a heavy gis user - I'm all for forming
some sort of committee to help with packaging. I would like to even
learn how to do it and contribute back - most of my packaging has been a
bit....oh....not something I'm proud of but it's worked. I would love to
learn to do it right. I'm one part of a two person operation - my cohort
works with software on windows - I'm on the linux side of life. I would
probably go back to my first love of debian but the packaging has always
been more hit or miss than it has on ubuntu....and I was actually under
the impression that Debian GIS wasn't active anymore....and I'm hoping
based off these discussion I'm wrong.

Randy

Randal Hale, GISP
North River Geographic Systems, Inc