[Ubuntu] QGIS, Grass and GeoProcessing [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 22 16:27:51 PST 2013

Bruce wrote:
> I'm trying to do some quite involved 'automated' vector data
> processing via Grass algorithms that really require a
> topological data set.

you may be better off using GRASS directly for that, its scripting
tools + scripting helper modules are very well developed. GRASS 6.4
favours Unix shell scripts, GRASS 7.svn favours Python. (But any
scripting language you like would work as long as it can make
system() calls.)

fwiw, both are fine tools, it's just a matter of using the right
tool for the job in any given situation.

regards,
Hamish