[Ubuntu] Postgis from postgresql.org or ubuntugis?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Oct 2 23:24:38 PDT 2013

Ah, so it does. Took me a while to find it since it's not listed on
their wiki or website specifically (I always knew the windows
enterprisedb had a way to get it)
http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/pool/main/p/postgis/

Poking around, one difference I can see, the version on
Ubuntugis-unstable will come with newer gdal and geos libraries.

I would still recommend you choose either postgresql repo or Ubuntugis
and not try to mix them. If only need it for LTS and you don't need any
other Geospatial applications like Mapserver, Qgis etc then the
Postgresql repo makes sense.

Thanks,
Alex