[Ubuntu] Ubuntu GIS unstable, Precise, and GDAL

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Wed Aug 6 12:50:26 PDT 2014

I'm trying to use UbuntuGIS-unstable PPAs on Precise as part of a Travis-CI build setup. I'm stuck on Precise due to Travis. It seems there is an unmet dependency or issue with the Precise GDAL build. When I attempt to install libgdal-dev, I get the following error message:

>  libgdal-dev : Depends: libgdal1h (= 1.10.0-1~precise1) but it is not going to be installed

https://github.com/ropensci/RNeXML/issues/61 seems to have some instructive investigation. Scott Chamberlain pointed me to https://twitter.com/recology_/status/497107092788887553 which seems to be working for them.

https://github.com/PDAL/PDAL/blob/point-context/scripts/ci/before_install.sh is my configuration and install invocations.

Any ideas?

Howard