[Ubuntu] MapServer 6.4 on Ubuntu 12.04

Worth Lutz wal3 at mindspring.com
Fri Jan 17 14:07:35 PST 2014

Johan,

I've got something working but have broken some other stuff.  I think that I
should have waited before starting to repair things until I heard from this
list.

But sometimes I get impatient. :)  And Google gives LOTS of answers! :)

Here is what got apache running again on my server:

sudo apt-get update    # this was needed to get rid of the one in ubuntugis
sudo apt-get install apache2=2.2.22-1ubuntu1.4
sudo service apache2 restart

apache2 did NOT restart at this point. There were modules enabled which were
not available. With each restart try I found another one.
Thus:

a2dismod access_compat
a2dismod authn_core
a2dismod authz_core
a2dismod mpm_prefork

Eventually I got rid of the unavailable modules. None of these were enabled
on my other systems so I should be ok.

Hopefully that is all I need to fix.

Thanks for your help. I hope no one else got caught by this. I just have
been waiting for this update of MapServer and wanted to test some things.

Worth