[Ubuntu] UbuntuGIS Report 5

Jerome Villeneuve Larouche jlarouche at mapgears.com
Sun Jun 22 12:37:59 PDT 2014

Hi,

This week I finished most of the repackaging for Trusty. I also started
looking into Java packaging.

I looked into how GeoServer was packaged and into tools like jdeb and
the Maven Debian Helper. I tested both on some already packaged java
applications to learn. I started working on GeoTools too, listing which
java dependencies will have to be packaged and if it was worth it to
package the Jar directly.

Next week I'll finish listing the dependencies need for GeoTools since
it looks to be the most important GIS Java app to package right now. If
you have more suggestion as to what to package please feel free to ask
on the list.

--
Jérôme Villeneuve Larouche
www.mapgears.com