[Ubuntu] gdal 1.9.1 installation

alassane toure atourej at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 11:11:25 PST 2014

Group,
I downloaded the gdal version 1.11.1 and followed instructions provided in
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/BuildingOnUnix

% cd gdal
% ./configure
% make
% su
Password: ********
# make install
# exit

All went well but without a 'su' credential, I was unable to complete
the installation.
I am running windows and unix on the same machine with the same access
username and password.  Do i need to create a su account

or is there another way to have the gdal compiler working again?

I appreciate your help

Regards,
Alassane