[Ubuntu] QGIS/GDAL with grass7 support

Michel Wortmann wortmann at pik-potsdam.de
Wed Mar 11 04:28:13 PDT 2015

Hi list,
since grass7 is now stable, there has also been an update of the
gdal-grass plugin [1]. Would it be possible to reflect this update in
the Ubuntu packages?

Currently, the latest QGIS/GDAL/GRASS7 packages all work in their latest
versions, but reading/browsing/writing a grass database with QGIS does
not work. I have tried building gdal --with-grass on top of the
preinstalled grass7 libraries (on Ubuntu 14.04), but without success,
which leads me to believe that I would have to build all three from
source to actually be able to interact between GRASS7 data and QGIS.

I would be happy to help with the building and packaging at least for
the latest LTS 14.04, but I'm a newbie and would need some hints:$

Thanks,
Michel

[1]http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/5852