[Ubuntu] How to fix the unmet dependencies for grass-gui ?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Mar 23 10:20:00 PDT 2015

On 03/23/2015 01:04 AM, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 1:50 AM, Carlos Cerdán <sig.upagu at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Johan
>>
>> Well... I think there isn't error, QGIS doesn't works with GRASS 7.0,
>> doesn't yet, so, in order to work with QGIS and his GRASS plugin, I think
>> it's better to have the stable repository and leave ubuntugis for a while
>> or... Am I mistaken?
>
> I noticed there was indeed an error in the grass package. I have
> removed it until it is fixed.
>
> Perhaps we should launch a poll to decide which version of grass we
> have in which archive? I assumed users would be happy with grass 7.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Johan

I thought it was standard practice to put the previous version in
-stable and the new version in -unstable.

So 6.x would stay in stable for a while and 7.x would be in unstable.
Note, QGIS Processing toolbox can use 7, it's only the unsupported QGIS
GRASS Plugin which is still 6.x only.

Wasn't there a way to allow install of both with grass7 prefix?

Thanks,
Alex