[Ubuntu] Packaging osm2pgsql releases

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Sun Oct 11 01:50:15 PDT 2015

Does the Ubuntu GIS team have any interest in packaging osm2pgsql
releases? I've started packaging the dev versions
(https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/dev/2015-September/028704.html)

The latest release is 0.88.1, and dev work is being done on the 0.89
series, but there haven't been any dev releases yet.

0.89.0-dev requires a C++11 compiler which might be an issue on 12.04,
but this is not a problem for 0.88.1.

For my purposes, it's important to have a release on a PPA which

- is a recent release version
- has PBF and Lua support (PBF support is no longer optional in 0.89.0)
- works with and without apt.postgresql.org*

* if technically possible

Debian has recent osm2pgsql packaging scripts, and they work well.