[Ubuntu] Stable update

Worth Lutz wal3 at mindspring.com
Fri Apr 29 07:33:37 PDT 2016

Sebastiaan,

Thanks for the info.  I'll delve into it and see if I can understand it.

You mention dealing with the version in Ubuntu and the version in
UbuntuGIS. This is always something I have not understood.

I've never understood the policies of how the versions come downstream
from Debian to Ubuntu. What updates get made by DebianGIS? Do these flow
down to Ubuntu? Or are Debian and Ubuntu stuck at a certain revision and
a ppa like UbuntuGIS is used to provide updated packages?

I've stumbled through this as a user and not understood the process and
sometimes cannot get the latest fixes.

I apologize for all the questions.  Maybe the answers are in the info
you referenced. If so, don't waste your time answering. :-)

*Worth Lutz*