[Ubuntu] libgeos dependency problem in unstable

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 24 04:07:42 PDT 2016

On 08/24/16 12:43, Martin Weis wrote:
> I have 14 LTS here and since a while I cannot install some GIS software.
> See the log below for details. There might be a dependency to be updated
> somewhere? Its a universe/ppa source mix that contributes to the
> problem, see policy below.

Disable the repository which provides QGIS 2.16, it hasn't been built
with the ubuntugis-unstable dependencies.

qgis from ubuntugis-unstable has the correct dependencies, but is still
at version 2.14.3.

> # LANG=C aptitude install qgis grass qgis-plugin-grass
> [...]
> Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] q

You need libgeos-c1v5 from ubuntugis-unstable, not libgeos-c1 from the
ubuntu repository.

aptitude's first suggestion is usually not very good, but the second
tends to be better, so chose 'no' instead of 'quit' to get the second
option.

Or just use apt-get instead of aptitude.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
  GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1