[Ubuntu] Where to get a version of libgeos-c1 compatible with libgeos-3.5.0?

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Tue Jul 19 02:52:59 PDT 2016

On 07/19/2016 11:26 AM, Luí­s de Sousa wrote:
> I am trying to install libgdal on Ubuntu 14.04. It depends on libgeos-c1, for which there is only an old version available from the universe repository. This forces a downgrade to libgeos and the removal of pretty much all the software I have installed from UbuntuGIS.
>
> Where can I get a version of libgeos-c1 compatible with libgeos-3.5.0?

Nowhere unless you hack the package itself. GEOS 3.5.0 was affected by
the GCC 5 transitions last summer, and the C library package has been
renamed to libgeos-c1v5 for that.

You probably have reverse dependencies of geos and/or gdal installed
that aren't from ubuntugis, which have not been rebuilt with the new
geos and gdal that have recently been moved to the unstable PPA.

All packages that depend on geos or gdal that aren't from the ubuntugis
PPA need to be rebuilt with those packages to resolve your issue.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1