[Ubuntu] Handling transitions in UbuntuGIS

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Sat Jul 30 05:39:11 PDT 2016

Hi Angelos,

On 07/26/2016 12:49 AM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
> The transitions have been handled manually so far.
> Thanks for this tracker, it seems a better way to handle things.

I guess manually means running `apt-cache rdepends <libpkg>` to
determine the reverse dependencies and rebuilding those with new uploads?

There were a number of old packages still included in Packages file,
which I've removed by deleting all superseded packages in the PPA. The
transition trackers look much better now, all geos rdeps in trusty are
now good, and only eoxserver (0.3.2-0~trusty5) still depends on the old
libgdal1h instead of libgdal20.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--