[Ubuntu] Moving packages from Unstable to Stable (Trusty)

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 28 03:58:00 PDT 2016

On 10/28/2016 12:43 PM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
> Looks like there is a demand to do the same package moving for Xenial
> too, so unless someone has an objection to that, I would like to move
> the packages to stable in the next 48 hours. Actually doing this for
> Xenial is easier since there are no packages for this release in stable
> until today.

No objection from me.

Care may need to be taken to not copy all packages at once, but stage
these for various transitions. Because if the new core library packages
(proj/geotiff/geos/spatialite/gdal/etc) are not built and installed in
the PPA yet, the other packages will build with the old versions.

It may be wise to stage this is ubuntugis-testing first to work out the
issues involved with the several transitions. I can setup transition
trackers for those to help get an overview of the various transitions,
although I'm currently busy packaging GRASS 7.2.0-RC1, but should have
time for that later this weekend.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--