[Ubuntu] Moving packages from Unstable to Stable (Trusty)

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 04:30:28 PDT 2016

On 10/28/2016 01:58 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> On 10/28/2016 12:43 PM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
>> Looks like there is a demand to do the same package moving for Xenial
>> too, so unless someone has an objection to that, I would like to move
>> the packages to stable in the next 48 hours. Actually doing this for
>> Xenial is easier since there are no packages for this release in stable
>> until today.
> No objection from me.
>
> Care may need to be taken to not copy all packages at once, but stage
> these for various transitions. Because if the new core library packages
> (proj/geotiff/geos/spatialite/gdal/etc) are not built and installed in
> the PPA yet, the other packages will build with the old versions.
>
> It may be wise to stage this is ubuntugis-testing first to work out the
> issues involved with the several transitions. I can setup transition
> trackers for those to help get an overview of the various transitions,
> although I'm currently busy packaging GRASS 7.2.0-RC1, but should have
> time for that later this weekend.

Just noticed that even if we deleted all packages from Testing,
Launchpad keeps them in build history, so I cannot copy the packages
there for a rebuild, this causes an error. We will need to bump build
versions to all packages...

Perhaps we should consider to delete the Testing ppa and re-create it so
that we do not have any build history from the "experimental" days.

Best,
Angelos

--
Angelos Tzotsos, PhD