[Ubuntu] problem install python-qgis package on Ubuntu 16.04

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 06:38:44 PDT 2017

Hi,

recently I was not able to install `python-qgis` package on Ubuntu
16.04 (using UbuntuGIS unstable PPA):

$ apt-get --no-install-recommends --assume-yes --force-yes install python-qgis
 python-qgis : Depends: python-qscintilla2 but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: python-qt4 but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: python-qt4-sql but it is not going to be installed

When I install python-qt4,python-qt4-sql,python-qscintilla2 packages
first than above command fails:

 python-qgis : Breaks: python-qt4 (< 4.11.4+dfsg-2) but
4.11.4+dfsg-1build4 is to be installed

Thanks for feedback in advance, Martin

--
Martin Landa