[Ubuntu] QGis 3 on UbuntuGIS PPA

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Sun Oct 28 05:48:43 PDT 2018

Hi Luís,

On Sun, 28. Oct 2018 at 10:01:20 +0000, Luís Moreira de Sousa wrote:
> None of the UbuntuGIS PPAs contains QGis 3 yet. Is anyone working on this? Or
> would you rather recommend installing from the official QGis PPA? In the past
> mixing packages from QGis and UbuntuGIS would lead to disaster.

Why?  We have ubuntugis based qgis repositories.  I stopped maintaining QGIS
builds in the ubuntugis PPA, when we began to support a LTR and the latest
release in parallel - as ubuntugis can only carry one qgis (at least with the
current packaging).

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode